If We Took A Holiday Party Dress…
The perfect holiday dress is a little like the perfect skating program – great lines, flawless movement, and no shortage of sequins. So it’s hardly a surprise to me that I gravitate to this time of year and the fashion it inspires. These outfits are meant to be festive and fun so push the boundaries and don’t be afraid to sparkle. Here are a few of the looks I’d love to jingle bell rock this year:
1. Alice & Olivia Mini Dress: The beauty of this Alice & Olivia dress is it’s actually timeless, but the textural element reminds me of a decorated tree ornament. The full skirt keeps this look youthful, even with the high neckline, and the sheer element is enough to make you mistletoe-worthy.
2. Topshop Velvet Dress: Tis the season to rock velvet, one of my favorite wintertime textures. Even when it’s done here in a baby pink the sheen feels perfect for the holidays, almost like ribbon candy.
3. Parker Embellished Dress: Leave it to Parker to continually deliver the perfect sparkly mini dress. I love the art deco beading for a New Year’s eve soirée that will catch the glimmer of any sparkler.
4. Enza Costa Turtleneck Dress: Okay, I know I said the holidays are about sparkle and sway, but there’s still room in there for a classic like this simple black turtleneck mini. This season is the perfect time to let your accessories do the talking, so pair this with a shiny clutch and festive heels for your office party and then keep wearing it all winter long.
5. ASOS Metallic Mini Skater Dress: Every skater needs her skater dress and this is my current favorite. The cut and color were designed to flatter and the skirt was made for twirling into the New Year.
6. ASOS Sequin Dress: If ever there was a time for gold sequins (and as I’ve learned from Johnny there are many times) this is definitely one of them. You’ll shine brighter than the most festive tannenbaum in this lovely wrap number. And even better – it’s on sale.
Happy Holiday Party Dress hunting!